Saturday, 19 June 2010

A visit to BDO office



This Thursday, I had the opportunity to visit BDO office, the fifth largest auditing firm in the world, at Jalan Sultan Ismail together with my friends. Prior to the trip, I was expecting to see a very hectic office environment with many staffs walking around. However, the true working environment of an audit firm surprised me. The office was very spacious but only a few staffs were around. We were told by Human Resource manager that auditors will spend most of the time in clients place and seldom hang around in the office. Hence, it seems like no one comes to work and yet they are actually working very hard outside the firm.

After the office visit, BDO had a group interview to select some of us to join the ICAEW programme. The group interview was quite relaxing, maybe because I was not interested in the programme as it requires us to half-work half-study. Nevertheless, it was a great experience to me. I actually received an offer from BDO to join that programme later in the evening soon after the interview!! It was my first successful interview ever since the tragedy of JPA interview.^^ It shows that I am capable enough to attract my potential employers' attention.

Hehe...But as I said earlier, I was not interested in the programme so I had to reject it politely and give the chance to others who really needs it. However, I would really like to thank BDO for building up my confidence and I will try my best in my future endeavour.

No comments: