Saturday, 4 May 2013

Growing up

It has been two months since I started working. Initially, there were many things to cope with and I constantly thought of resigning everyday. I am so not used to long working hours, late lunch/dinner and sleeping late everyday. Sometimes I wonder whether an office job is more suitable for me.

Being an auditor is certainly not a pleasant job which you would gladly recommend it to all your friends or relatives. I had been working non-stop since early April, every single day including weekends and public holiday. It's like a cheap labour with low salary yet required to work non-stop to meet deadlines. Well, I know I'm complaining a lot right now. Here comes the interesting part, I actually felt relieved when I found out that I'm not the only one suffering like this. Haha... When there is gathering with auditor friends from different firms, we are basically facing somewhat similar situation. I guess that's what an auditor is -- a person  who works continuously to earn money for partners and doesn't even have time for himself!


I hope that I'll be able to survive my audit life for at least 3 years in order to obtain my ACCA membership successfully. Last but not least, today is my graduation day!! It feels good to have a break from routine audit work and hang out with my friends and family. The only slight disappointment was that I was not able to take photos with my favourite lecturers. Maybe I'll drop by college to meet them one day. :)

1 comment:

Carla said...

Congratulations on receiving your degree.