Saturday, 6 July 2013

Setting a target

I used to say that I'm not ambitious and wanted a simple life. The truth is, I don't really know what I want to do for the rest of my life. Recently, I bought an interesting book written by Robert Kiyosaki and it inspired me to think about my future. 
Having spent a few hours looking at the beach in Port Dickson, I still didn't have a clue on where to start. I finally decided on what I want in the future after spending the past few days doing shitty jobs in my firm ie helping secretary to key in data, helping manager to photocopy, casting etc. I realised that I easily get bored whenever I'm doing something that doesn't need my brain. The hunger and thirst for knowledge made me wanted to explore more. It also explained why I enjoyed my recent stock count (which I thought I will hate it).

Hence, I have made up my mind. I don't want to spend the rest of my life climbing the corporate ladder or work like a lifeless creature in an audit firm. I want to work for myself and let money works for me as well. Sounds too ambitious eh? >.< Having said that, my ultimate target that I eventually set for myself is to be financially independent at the age of 50.

In order to achieved that, I have broken down my plan into few stages for now, following some guidance by Robert Kiyosaki:

Phase 1:
- Continue working in my current firm for 3 years to gain more financial literacy and experience, it will also help to improve my communication skills along the way
- Create a portfolio of investment, probably a unit trust fund and some investment in shares
- Keep track of my personal financial statements (probably looking pathetic for now)
- Have a set of financial plan from financial advisor (the most difficult part, i think)

Phase 2:
- Resign from lifeless audit life to get a job that gives me more free time. That's when I would start a part-time business (No idea for now...)
- Finding a team comprising of insurance agent, accountant, tax advisor, legal advisor, broker and financial advisor (Quite tough for me since my friends are quite limited, haiz...)
- Venture into full time business when the business is relatively stable

Phase 3:
- Learn from mistakes, continue to improve
- Achieve financial independence at the age of 50

Talk is cheap. Anyone can write down things like that, probably more interesting than what I wrote. But, I hope I have the courage to stick to my plan and eventually achieve it in the future. Well, since I have written it down black and white, I can always come back to this blog post if there's any distraction from my target along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good going girl...

Having a clear vision and then taking the first step to write down yuor plan, yu already are on your way.

Now stay put and keep faith in youself.

Blessed be ...