It's been one and half year since I started working. There were ups and downs as well as invaluable lessons learnt throughout my working experience. So, I think maybe it is time to pause and take a step back to look at what I have done and achieved thus far.
Referring to the post I have written one year ago, I had set a few targets after being inspired by the book written by Robert Kiyosaki. The targets seems rather vague back then. However, I did managed meet some of the targets set. For instance, I have only 1.5 years more to achieve my target of being an ACCA member. Additionally, the nature of my job has enhanced my communication skills with clients and given me a broader exposure to the financial world.
My investment portfolio? My attempt to open a unit trust account for high risk investment failed terribly. The investment bank rejected my application after assessing my risk appetite although I have emphasised that I have read the prospectus and understood the nature of fund which I wished to invest! I'm very frustrated when I try to recall this incident. Enough said, I still managed to set aside some funds for rainy days and get a few dividend yielding shares. I hope I am able to expand my portfolio continuously. However, the dividends I gotten so far are so immaterial and it prompted me to wonder whether investing in shares is the best option to build up my wealth. :/
On the other hand, my personal financial statements look healthier than I expected. Hehe... At least I managed to get a net asset position after taking into consideration of my car loan to parents. ;) Overall, it seems that Phase 1 of my financial targets has been substantially achieved! Next year or so will be the crucial year for me as I will be in the transitioning stage to Phase 2 of my financial target. Change is always difficult without strong determination and courage. I certainly wish that I could take the leap of faith when the time is right...
p/s: Happy birthday Singapore!!

No comments:
Post a Comment