Dear blog,
You used to be a place I visit frequently. A comfortable zone for me to voice out my opinion, to vent my frustrations, to share my happiness and to remind myself of my failures. Now, everything seems estranged....
I stopped visiting you every now and then
You are not being updated at least once a month
Broken links are not updated
And, my friends stopped writing as well...
Everything changes. Things are no longer the same as they were before. What caused such drastic change, I pondered. There is only one main reason that came to my mind - work! Undeniably, the amount of time and commitment we spent in coping with our new stage of life has indirectly forced us to set aside some hobbies, be it blogging, gaming or reading. Weekends became my favourite time to sleep late, have a nice meal and enjoy doing nothing because the work loads in the week days can be overwhelming at times.
Somehow, people tend to get busy over the years. Some of us are obsessed in climbing the corporate ladder whilst others are occupied with their own start-ups or business. The competitive environment in current year has forced many young working adults to work longer working hours without significant increase in salaries. Weakening of local currency and spike in living costs further add salt to the wound. Gradually, I have neglected the little things in life that makes me happy as well.
Hence, I am writing to you once again to remind myself that certain things are worthy of my time. I should not procrastinate my plans without any reason nor giving up my hobbies easily. Life is not just about work. :) Perhaps I can start off by updating my upcoming US trip. Hopefully, I can be disciplined enough to keep you updated more than once a year.
Yours sincerely,
--c3r0--
No comments:
Post a Comment