
I went for the JPA attachment programme for the past 5 days in Hospital Pakar Sultanah Fatimah. Although I felt so exhausted and bored sometimes, it was certainly a memorable experience. Throughout the programme, I met some new friends such as Xie Yao and Fazwan, my primary school friend, Xin Yi, as well as some high school buddies.
DAY 1:
All the lengthy yet boring speeches from matron, nurses and timbalan pengarah... Later on, we were divided into groups and have a quick tour in the hospital. During the free time, Wei Ming, Jin Rong, Zhonglin and I went to visit Ching Ern in ICU. His mother looked happy and relieved as he was recovering and able to write.
DAY 2:
I went to the O&G department to see all the pregnant ladies and some cute little babies. I managed to have a close look at the ultrasound machine for the first time and observed the foetus of a mother. Besides that, I also had the opportunity to enter the delivery room. However, I entered quite late and the baby already popped out from his mother's womb. The baby was quite disgusting as he was covered with blood and the umbilical cord was still hanging on his belly.Yucks!! Wei Ming, Jin Rong and I had our 7-7 on-call that day. We witnessed the whole stitching procedure of a patient involved in an accident. The medical assistant used hydrogen peroxide to wash his blood and stitched the open wound slowly. Do you know that Hydrogen+blood= bubble? Amazing, right?
DAY 3:
Without having a proper nap, I continued the programme with a pair of panda eyes. This is the day I decided not to be a doctor!! We met Dr.Chew in the ENT department and he shared his torturing experiences as a doctor. He also stated many reasons not to be a doctor. I will try to repeat what he said if I have enough time later. For now, just remember one thing--Don't be fooled by the white coat! I quoted this phrase from many doctors. In fact, you just need a stupid but hardworking people to be a doctor. Do you know that the consultant surgeon in IJN failed his medic? By the way, some of you always say my fingers are very abnormal,right? I had consulted the orthopedic and he said that I have highly flexible joints. I AM PERFECTLY NORMAL!

A picture of Xin Yi and I...
DAY 4:
We went to the forensic department and I just want to say that the smell of rubbish is worse than the corpses. After that, we went to the A&E department. I was so unlucky because there was a crazy drug addict on that day. Many medical assistants tied him up and they even called the police. Phew~ The drug addict cursed and swear until the police was fed up and slapped the drug addict thrice. Oh yeah,Ching Ern had been transferred to HDU. Wei Ming and I visited him again but he cried when he saw us. Haiz........
DAY 5:
That was the last day and we went to several departments such as surgical ward, medical ward, dermatology clinic and pathology in 4 hours time. Then, it was time for the closing ceremony to proceed. We took many photos as if we were graduated from the hospital. Hopefully, we will meet each other in the future.
2 comments:
Yew!!! Sounds disguting. Anyway, good experience^^ Good luck in your interview.
Thank you~
Post a Comment