Friday, 13 July 2012

PwC Assessment


Yesterday, I went for PwC's July assessment in 1 Sentral. The number of candidates were beyond my expectations though. There were around 60 candidates and only few Sunway students were spotted. There was a brief session explaining the salaries and benefits of new employees followed by a presentation by one of the partners, Mr Patrick. He is a good presenter with fluent English and quite good looking, considering his age (55, I think..). After a short break, the assessment officially began with a 20 minutes numerical test. The questions were set by SHLDirect, thus it is better to go to SHLDirect's website to practice some  of the examples.

Next, we were given an hour to complete 4 short essay writing questions:
  • Corrections of grammatical errors of an email
  • A response to manager regarding a conflict with client
  • Career aspiration and reason for choosing accounting as a career
  • Dilemma between attending class or Treasure Hunt

To my dismay, I was unable to complete the numerical test on time and the essays written by me were so short when compared to other candidates. Hmm.. I think the possibilities for me to get a job is so low. :(


Okay, I shall stop talking about all those depressing stuffs. Immediately after the assessment, I went to Sunway Pyramid to meet up with my friends and celebrating my friend's birthday. :D It was great to hang out with them after a while. We went to Soul Out and had an expensive yet delicious meal. Play hard, pray hard... I hope there will be some good news next week.>.<

1 comment:

Puja said...

It was nice narration of the story. However you can get good Management quizzes at http://www.quizmantra.com/2012/06/management.html